Big Print Blog

Why are we calling this blog "Big Print"?

Because we want to shed some light on the small print you see in financial documents. By pulling back the curtain on how a credit card company really works, we can work together to be better.

JaredY avatar
Change in Terms
Barclays Ring Public Blog

Back in February, Barclaycard Ring card members voted on their cash advance and foreign transaction fees. By the narrowest of margins the community voted to change the Foreign Transaction Fee from 1% to 0% and, at the same time, change the Cash Advance Fee from $1 to $3 per transaction.

I’m here to tell you that these changes, and some others are on the horizon. Keep in mind that not all of you will experience the additional changes below.  I’ll explain why in a bit. First here is a list of the changes that will become effective for some Barclaycard Ring cardmembers in late July.

Please note that this is not an official notice!   This is just a friendly blog J If you are affected by any of the above changes, you’ll be receiving a letter with more details.  Please read the entire  letter when you receive it in the mail as it has a few other notifications you will need to be aware of Because  the Cash Advance Fee  will be increasing, the regulations require that you  have the opportunity to opt-out of the change in terms. If you choose to do so, we will close your account and you will keep your existing terms until your existing balances are paid off.

Now, here is more info  about who will be experiencing  these changes and when.  

Here’s how it will play out:

• The foreign transaction fee change, because it is a positive change, will happen for all customers booked on or before July 13, 2014.
  • Any  fee increase changes  like the cash advance or late fee, will take effect for cardmembers who were booked prior to January 13th, 2014. For cardmembers booked after that date the changes will occur sometime next year.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions.

-Jared

*Note: The links above will only work for Barclaycard Ring cardmembers.

0 kudos